The Outlook email add-in (Office 365 Outlook) is a great extension that allows you to do five things:
- Add unknown contacts to Teamleader Focus from your email account
- Track incoming email to the right contact
- Track outgoing email to the right contact
- Convert an incoming email to a task in Teamleader Focus
- Convert an incoming email to a ticket in Teamleader Focus
The add-in works:
- For all versions of Outlook equal to or higher than 2013. Keep in mind that you need an Office 365 account to use the add-in
- On all platforms (web, desktop & mobile)
- On both Windows and Mac
- For all browsers except Safari; please use another browser
Do you prefer to watch our instructive video on installing the add-in first? You can do so right here:
How does it work?
You can install the add-in via the Teamleader Focus Marketplace. After installing the add-in, you'll be asked to log in once with your Office 365 credentials. After that, the set-up of the add-in is completed!
Note: If you're an Azure admin, and you're trying to install the add-in, you'll get redirected to the admin center and the add-in won't immediately be added to your user. In that case, you'll have to add the add-in via the admin center of Microsoft. After installing the add-in, it can take 12 hours to appear in your mailbox.
Now you can start tracking your emails. This example shows how to track emails in Outlook for Web, but the integration works the same way for all platforms.
In Outlook, you'll see a Teamleader Focus symbol in the top-right hand corner of the email. When you click on it, Teamleader Focus will search for the sender’s name in your CRM database.
If the email address is not in Teamleader Focus yet, you’ll be able to add the contact in Teamleader Focus.
The sender is already in your CRM? Then you’ll be able to:
- Track the email directly to the sender’s detail page and the email will appear in the activities at the bottom of the contact page.
- Create a follow-up task from the email (feature available in our Move package or higher).
- Create a ticket from the email (feature available in our Boost package).
You can track outgoing emails in a similar way. When composing a new email, you can click on the Teamleader Focus symbol. By clicking on it, a screen will appear on the right that will enable you to track the email you’re sending to the right contact in your CRM.