Already created an invoice and made a mistake in the pricing, updated the info of the customer, chosen the wrong layout or forgot to add certain articles? In this article you can read about how to edit your invoice. Mistakes on your invoice can be avoided that way, because every penny counts!
Note: It's also possible to prevent users from editing already booked invoices or credit notes. Find more information here.
To edit your invoice contents:
- Click on the invoice in question.
- Click on the pencil next to the Contents of your invoice
- A screen will pop up in which you can change the layout, add new articles or subtitles, adjust pricing or add a description to your articles. Then you simply hit Save.
For already booked invoices you will need to change the layout here:
Note that when you changed something in your layout under Settings > Document Layout and uploaded a new template, your existing invoices will still have the old layout. If you want to change it, you will need to regenerate the pdf of your invoice to ensure that all changes are implemented. Click on the pencil next to ‘Contents’ and click on Save.
If you edited the information of your customer on contact or company level (e.g. an address or VAT change) the layout of your booked invoice will still display the old customer information. To update the customer info follow these steps:
- Click on the three dots next to Info and choose Change customer
- Retype the name of the customer
- Save the invoice
- Regenerate the pdf of your invoice to ensure that all changes are implemented. Click on the pencil next to 'Contents' and click on Save. This way the updated pdf will be generated.