Safety has always been a top priority for Teamleader Focus and we make sure we secure our customer’s data using the best and latest technology the world has to offer. To do that, we use SSL encryption for example, the same kind of security that is being used in the financial sector.
Security is of course defined by the strength of your password as well. There are some tools that help you with your password management, such as LastPass. But we do recommend choosing a strong and preferably random password to protect your account.
If you do want to extend the security of your Teamleader Focus account even further, then we recommend you activate our MFA security.
MFA stands for Multi Factor Authentication, which means you are using another way on top of a password to login to your account. This implementation of MFA is designed by Google and uses your smartphone to login to Teamleader Focus.
This security measure is completely optional. You can choose yourself whether you wish to activate it or not.
To activate it, simply click on your user icon in the top right-hand corner in Teamleader Focus > My profile > MFA security > +.
How does it work?
It’s pretty easy. MFA uses your smartphone to log you in to certain websites that support MFA. Therefore:
- You need to install the Google Authenticator app. You can find it via the App Store or in the Google Play Store.
Note: We strongly advise you to use this app. However, other MFA apps not linked to Google (e.g. Microsoft Authenticator) could also be used here.
- The app will ask you in which manner you wish to use the security. We choose to use the QR code.
- You will then be prompted to scan such a code. To find your personal QR code, go back to your user icon on the top right corner > My profile > MFA security > +.
- When you’ve successfully scanned the code, a 6 digits code will appear. Enter this number into Teamleader Focus (the token), and this will activate the MFA security.
After the activation, you’ll have to re-enter the 6 digits code every 24 hours or every time you try to login from a different IP address. When prompted, open the MFA app on your smartphone and enter the code. This code will be renewed every 60 seconds, which makes it virtually impossible for someone to hack your account.
Note: Are you entering the 6 digits code and get a message that the code is not valid? Check the clock on both your PC and phone. They need to match exactly, otherwise the sync is not valid and the code will have expired.
What do I do when I have a new device?
When you have a new device (tablet or smartphone) you won't be able to log in to Teamleader Focus anymore.
- An admin can disable MFA for a certain user
- Simply click on the shield icon next to the MFA status of a user in Settings > Security.
How to solve the error 'The multi factor authentication token is invalid'?
You'll get this error when the time on the phone and the computer are not exactly the same. To solve this issue, check the following things on both devices:
- Actual time
- Time zone