Yes, it is possible that an employee accesses your account. A Customer Success employee who needs to do some research in your account in order to provide an appropriate solution to your question or who wants to help you during the onboarding process, can give themselves access to your account under certain conditions. This happens only with a valid reason. We also always inform you about this action and take a number of additional security measures. Read all about it in this article.
Access to your account is a secure way to resolve any issues and allow you, the customer, to make the best use of Teamleader Focus. Resolving your request quickly and efficiently is of the utmost importance to us to provide you with the best experience.
Synchronous support (e.g. via screen sharing) is always an option, but then it may take us more time to resolve your request.
The Customer Support Agent or Customer Success Manager may only log in to check e.g. the following:
- Settings including templates and documents
- Rights and access of users
- Notifications (when there's a problem)
Explicit permission is required to log in for the following situations:
- Importing data
- Downloading of documents
- Modifying templates and documents
The Customer Onboarding Manager can only log in during the onboarding process and/or after explicit permission. Shared documents and recordings are deleted after the onboarding process by the Customer Onboarding Manager on their own computer.
We use "impersonation": this means that we log into your account as your user.
You can continue to use Teamleader Focus while the Teamleader Focus employee is logged into your account.
The Teamleader Focus employee...
- documents a valid reason and adds a link to the communication with the customer for the audit logs.
- always opens the account in question in an incognito window so no data is stored in their browser.
- logs in as your user only if it benefits the service and customer experience.
- asks for explicit written consent if he or she needs to test, change or download anything in the account.
- signs out of the account in question when their research is completed.
- informs you as a customer afterwards that they impersonated your account.
- deletes all downloaded documents from their computer afterwards.
- Only members of the Teamleader Focus Customer Success team, who have a secure account (MFA enabled), who have completed all onboarding training and follow the above guidelines, can access the customer's account.
- Each time a Teamleader Focus employee logs in, the employee's name, time and reason are tracked and stored in audit logs for 90 days.
- These audit logs are reviewed on a regular basis by the Head of Customer Support and the Head of Customer Success to prevent abuse.
- Login sessions are automatically closed after one hour.