We've all been there once: you've created and sent your invoice, but your client simply forgot all about it. In this case, it might be time for a reminder. You can either do so manually or choose the option of an automatic reminder.
- In order to send a manual reminder, simply go to the overdue invoice, where you'll find the button 'Reminder'. The number in brackets indicates if you've already sent out a reminder before.
- Click on the button Reminder. Your options will then be the same as when you create an invoice for the first time: you'll have to choose a way of sending your reminder.
- If you click on Send via email, you can choose to type an accompanying text yourself, or select one of the predefined templates through Settings > Invoices > 'Templates for invoice letters'.
4. The reminder that you're sending out will be the original invoice bearing a 'Reminder' stamp at the top. When you've already sent a reminder less than 24 hours after the first sending of the invoice, the reminder stamp won't be added.
In case you'd like to add collection costs as well, you can read this article to find out how.
When adding the column 'Latest reminder' to your invoice overview, you'll see how often the invoice has been sent so far:
- Not sent yet: Invoice has not been sent yet.
- X days ago (#1): Invoice has been sent for the first time X days ago.
- X days ago (#2): Invoice has been sent for the second time X days ago - this is the first reminder.
(This feature is available in our Move package or higher)
If you prefer avoiding manual work, you can also set an automatic reminder for invoices.
Do you prefer to watch our instructive video first? You can do so right here:
- To set up automatic reminders, navigate to Settings > Invoices > 'Automatic reminders'.
2. In the pop-up above there are some parameters to define:
- You can set how many days the invoice can be overdue before a reminder is sent.
- Choose between email and postal service as the shipping method.
- You can decide whether you would like to apply costs. Would you like to know where you can change these costs? Just click here.
- Default template: This is a template you defined under Settings > Invoices > 'Templates for invoice letters'.
- Add extra language: You can also define a default template for a different language. More information on how to change the language for invoices and quotations? This article will help you on your way.