There are two questions we will answer in this article:
- Who can approve leave?
- How can you approve leave?
Please note: an administrator in Teamleader Focus never has to have his leave approved, even if he is part of a team with another person responsible to approve leave.
Who can approve leave?
- The admin can always approve leave but won't get a notification of a leave request when someone else is in charge of approving leave (f.e. a teamlead or a specific user when teams have been created)
- The teamlead (if he/she has been selected in the option 'approved by' when adding/editing the team)
- A specific user (if he/she has been selected in the option 'approved by' when adding/editing the team)
Follow these steps to appoint a person:
- Navigate to “Settings” and click on “Teams”
- Click on the pencil next to the name of a team
- Choose the right person from the dropdown menu next to “Approval by”
- Click “Save”
How can you approve leave?
- An employee has requested leave.
- The person responsible will receive a notification and an email, whereupon he/she can evaluate the request.
- The request, plus the type and duration of the leave asked for, will appear in a new window.
- Here you can accept or, if applicable, refuse the request.
When you click "Save" your colleague will immediately receive an email that his or her leave has or has not been approved.
Note: An admin will only receive a notification to approve a leave request when no teams were created. When teams are created, and he/she is not in charge of approving leave request, an admin can still accept or refuse the request by clicking on Settings > Users > name of the user that requested leave > Days off > Evaluate request :