Video chatting is awesome for connecting with customers, colleagues, friends and friendly strangers, but without some method of recording them, it's easy to forget what was discussed.
Fortunately, the Customer Meeting add-on makes it simple to record and share your video meetings with anyone who missed or whoever wants a refresher. Here's how it works:
Recording a Meeting
Download and install the Customer Meetings browser extension (exclusively for Google Chrome, Opera and the new version of Edge)
- Launch a meeting room from your dashboard
- Click on Recordings at the bottom of the meeting room
- Click on Start recording to start recording
- Select the tab 'SELECT THIS TAB TO START RECORDING' and click on Share
Eg. In the image below, you see 3 options when starting the recording. Even if I would like to show something in my calendar, I choose the option 'Select this tab to start recording'. During the recorded meeting, I can use share screen to show something on my calendar.
- You'll see the Recordings button flash when the recording is in progress
Stopping or pausing a recording
Hit the Recordings button and click on "Stop", to stop the recording and click "Pause" to pause the recording:
If you accidentally click on Leave while recording a session, the recording will automatically stop and save in your browser.
Accessing your recording
- Hit the Recordings button again. An overview of all your local and uploaded recordings will pop up
- Hit the Preview button to see the recording (opens in a new tab)
- Click Upload to your account to upload the recording and make it accessible to anyone with access to the meeting room.
If you have access to a meeting room, you'll be able to view and download all uploaded recordings in that meeting room.
- Delete the recording with the Delete button. Temporary local recordings will be automatically deleted after a certain period of time (could be hours or days), so make sure to up- or download them before it's too late!
- Share the recording by pressing the share button. You can share the recording with other people without them having to enter the meeting room. They can watch it in the browser like the preview option.