You’re probably no stranger to the “login with Google” or “Sign in with Facebook” options on different websites. These login options are called Single sign-on (SSO), and are becoming the industry standard. Single sign-on is a service that permits a user to use one set of login credentials - for example, an email address and password - to access multiple applications. In this article we’ll explain how you can easily log in to Teamleader Focus via SSO.
Using SSO allows you to login to software or services without having to set up yet another username or password. It uses the same login credentials as you use for Google, Facebook or any other SSO provider. These providers often require more details, like multi-factor authentication or your phone number as an extra threshold, making them a very secure way to log in.
Teamleader Focus supports the SSO functionality for Gmail. This covers both regular Gmail addresses and email addresses hosted within Google Business. That means you can login to Teamleader Focus faster and more secure, without having to remember your email address and password.
To set up SSO, there are a few different scenarios:
- If your Gmail or Google Business address is the same as the email address you use to login to Teamleader Focus (= your primary email address), you can easily make use of the SSO functionality. Just hit the button ‘login with Google’, select the correct email address and you’re set.
- If you want to log in with a Gmail account with an email address that is not recognised as a primary email address of any user in Teamleader Focus, you’ll be requested to choose a different account, or to log in via the regular email address + password option
- Workaround: If you do really want to use this Gmail address to log in to Teamleader Focus, you can change your Teamleader Focus email address via your profile settings. The next time you log in, you’ll also be able to use the Google SSO functionality.
Manage your account security
It’s possible to manage the Google accounts that you linked via SSO to your Teamleader Focus account. Manage your account security by following these steps:
- Click on your user icon in the top right-hand corner in Teamleader Focus
- Choose My profile
- Go to ‘Account security’:
- You’ll see which Gmail email address is connected to your account, and you can disconnect an email address if you want by clicking on the disconnect button next to it:
- You can also log in to Teamleader Focus via SSO on our mobile app.
- For now, there are no other SSO options for Teamleader Focus beside Gmail. In the future, we might be looking into adding more SSO options, like Office 365, Apple ID or LinkedIn.
- Linking your Gmail account to log in to Teamleader Focus does not automatically set up a Google Calendar or Google Contacts integration, you’ll need to install separate integrations for this via our Marketplace.
- If you set up MFA for your Teamleader Focus account but still want to make use of MFA via Single sign-on, then it's possible to secure your Google account with MFA to provide extra security.