The Outlook email plug-in (Outlook 2013 and higher) is a great extension that allows you to do four things:
1. add unknown contacts to Teamleader Focus from your email account
2. track incoming email to the right contact, company, deal or project
3. track outgoing email to the right contact, company, deal or project
4. convert an incoming email to a task in Teamleader Focus
The plug-in works:
- for Outlook version 2013 and higher
- on Outlook desktop only
- only on Windows. Do you use Outlook on Mac? Then you can use our Office 365 Outlook add-in or IMAP
How does it work?
You can install the plug-in via the Teamleader Focus Marketplace.
When installing the integration, you will be asked to download the Teamleader Focus plug-in
Download the file on your computer
open the zip file and double click on the file in your downloads
Open Outlook. You will be asked to log in with your Teamleader Focus credentials
You don’t get the log-in pop-up?
Go to Outlook and click on ‘tools’
Go to the Teamleader symbol
Click on settings. You should now be able to log in.
You are successfully logged in? Congratulations, now you can start tracking emails!
This example shows how to track emails:
At the top of each email, you’ll see a Teamleader Focus symbol. When you click on it, Teamleader Focus will search for the sender’s name in your CRM database. If the name is not in Teamleader Focus yet, you’ll be able to add it as a contact in Teamleader Focus.
The sender is already in your CRM? Then you’ll be able to:
- track the email directly to the sender’s detail page in Teamleader Focus and the email will appear in the Activities at the bottom.
- create a follow-up task from the email
You can track outgoing emails as well. When composing a new email, you can choose to track the email by clicking on the Teamleader Focus symbol on top of the email. By clicking on it, a screen will appear that will enable you to track the email you’re sending to the right contact in your CRM.