When you create a task for a project in Teamleader Focus, you can plan this task right away using drag and drop in the project planning module. But what if a task takes longer than one day to complete? This article explains it.
1. Navigate to Projects > Planning and select the project the task is linked to
2. Click the list icon next to the project name
3. You will now see a task list of all tasks linked to this project on the right-hand side
If you then click on the task and drag it to the planning overview, you'll see several green frames for each available time slot per person.
4. You will see a green frame for every free time block. This way, you'll plan tasks on available moments.
5. Next, drop the task in one of those blocks and you'll see the following screen:
As you can see on the screenshot, 12h still need to be planned in for this task, but there are only 8 hours available that day. In this case, Teamleader Focus will plan the extra hours in the next available slot of your / your co-worker's schedule.
6. By default, Teamleader Focus will automatically plan the task during that colleague's available office hours for that day. These hours are based on the weekly schedule and meetings, tasks and calls that were already scheduled for this day. Click here to find out more about the weekly schedule.
This way, you can easily plan tasks over multiple days in one go.