Subscriptions are used to create recurring invoices so you never forget to send the right invoice to your client. In Teamleader Focus, there are three different ways to create a subscription:
1. From scratch
2. From a deal
3. From an invoice
Subscription from scratch
- Navigate to Invoices > Subscriptions and click on Add subscription in the top right-hand corner.
- You'll need to fill in the title, the client's name, the layout, the bank account and the time frame after which a new invoice should be created. The start date is very important, as it influences the invoice date as well.
- Under "Advanced options", you'll have the option to decide on the payment term, the invoice timing and even add a link to a project. You can decide whether the automatically created invoice should be booked right away or if you prefer a pro-forma invoice to be created. For more information on how to automatically send invoices, click here. This article will tell you more about how direct debit works in Teamleader Focus.
- Add your articles
- Decide whether you'd like the first invoice to be created right away by setting the slider at the bottom to "Yes".
Subscription from a deal
- Create a deal
- Create a quotation for the deal.
- When adding your articles, go to "Type". If you choose the recurring cost type and create an invoice for your deal, you'll have the option to create a subscription as well
- Save the quotation
- When the deal has been accepted, go within that deal to 'Follow up on your won deal' > Actions >Invoice.
- You get the option to create a subscription, click "Create now".
- A new subscription will be added containing the client's information and the articles you already filled in. The next steps will be the same as when you create a subscription from scratch.
Subscription from an invoice
- Create an invoice.
- If you'd like to turn it into a recurring one, simply click the three dots at the very top of your screen and select "Create subscription".
- The created subscription will contain the client's information and all articles on the invoice. The next steps will be the same as when you create a subscription from scratch.
Editing a subscription
Once you created your subscription and an invoice has been generated from the subscription, it's not possible anymore to edit the start date or the renewal period of your subscription.