In Teamleader Focus, you have the option to convert a deal or a quotation into a project. Read this article to discover how.
Converting to a project
You can either convert a quotation to a project, or a deal.
Via your quotation detail page
To convert your quotation, go to your quotation detail page and click on the arrow next to 'Convert to invoice'. Choose Convert to project:
Afterwards, you can find the linked project in the follow-up tab of your quotation page.
Via the deal page
To convert your deal, go to your deal page and next to 'Follow up on your deal', click on the plus icon > Project.
When you have multiple quotations in your deal, you'll first need to choose which quotation you want to create a project from.
Afterwards, you'll find the linked project in the Projects tab of your deal.
What will happen if you convert a deal or a quotation into a project?
The project and the deal/quotation will be linked, which means the project will be displayed within the deal and the quotation, and the deal and quotation will be displayed within the project.
Don't use one of my project templates
When creating a project out of a deal/quotation, you'll have the option to either use one of your predefined project templates or not. If you don't use a template, then:
- The budget and the title of your quotation are filled in automatically in your newly created project.
- The subtitles of your quotation are added as phases in the project. This means that, in case you want to convert your deal/quotation into a project, the workflow will already start when you create your quotation.
- If this is your quotation, "Venue" and "Decoration" will be displayed as phases in your newly created project.
- You can also convert products into tasks. The phase "Venue" will then be added to your project, containing the tasks "Gathering of information" and "Planning and conceptualizing". If you would also like to add the products under subtitles as tasks within the phases, simply contact our support team. We will happily activate this feature for you.
Use one of my project templates
When creating a project out of a deal/quotation, you can also choose to use one of your project templates instead of using the quotation as the template of your project.
- The title of your quotation is filled in automatically in your newly created project.
- The budget of your quotation is distributed over your different phases.
- The content of your quotation will be overwritten by your project template. The following info is taken over from the template:
- The names of the phases
- The time frame of the phases. That means that the time in between and corresponding dependencies will be copied. After you've chosen a start date or an end-date, the phases will be created accordingly.
- Invoice preferences of the phases
- Tasks (depending on your choice)
Link deal to project afterwards
As stated above, your deal and your project will be linked when you've created a project out of your deal. However, there's a way to link your project to your deal if you first created your project and then your deal:
- Simply navigate to the project
- Click on the three dots at the top
- Select Link deal