There are two ways to invoice time tracking in Teamleader Focus:
- Via the detail page
- Via the time tracking overview - invoice unbilled time
Do you prefer to watch our instructive video first? You can do so right here:
Via the detail page
- Go to “Contacts” or “Companies”
- On the detail page of every contact or company you tracked time for, you will find “Unbilled time spent”. Click on “Actions” and choose “Create invoice”
- Click “Go”. You’ve now invoiced your time trackings
Total to be invoiced
You can find an overview of the total amount to be invoiced per contact or company by navigating to the contacts or companies overview and adding the column 'Total to be invoiced' to the overview via the cogwheel in the bottom right-hand corner.
- This amount is the sum of the value of the tracked time and the value of the linked products.
- This column only shows the hours/products linked to that customer directly, and not the hours/products linked to a project of that customer. You can invoice these time trackings via the time tracking overview explained below.
- You can sort on this column as well as create segments. An example of a segment could be to only show the contacts/companies that have an amount to be invoiced larger than €0:
Via the time tracking overview - invoice unbilled time
- Navigate to “Invoices”
- Click on the Invoice unbilled time in the top right-hand corner.
- Now you see an overview of all unbilled hours per customer and per project where you can specify which time trackings you want to invoice. Confirm the action by clicking on the sliders. Note that you can click on multiple sliders
- Click “Preview” at the bottom of the page
- Teamleader Focus will tell you how many invoices will be created. Click the slider and click “Do now”
- Several time trackings of one customer can be grouped to one invoice unless they are linked to a project. Time tracking of one customer related to several projects can not be put on one invoice.
- Time tracking of a project with a lower amount than the amount of the advance invoices, won't be shown in 'Invoice unbilled time'. If you'd like to invoice these time trackings, you'll have to invoice them via the project. For more info, have a look at this article.