We all sometimes allocate a discount with regard to a quotation or an invoice. It might be an early booking discount for quick deciders, or a reluctant customer who needs a little push to get him to cross the line.
This is why different discounts can be allocated without too much difficulty in Teamleader Focus. Better yet, it can be done in three ways:
- General Discount
- Percentage line
- Negative line
General discounts are percentage calculations of the total amount excluding VAT. So first you enter all your items and afterwards you deduct the discount. Therefore, the final total amount is the total amount minus the discount plus the VAT.
Create a general discount:
- Navigate to “Settings” and click “Deals”
- Go to the “Commercial discounts” box and click on the “+” symbol.
- Name your discount
- Click “Save”
Using a general discount, e.g. on an invoice (the same method applies for quotations):
- Navigate back to the Teamleader Focus homepage and choose “Invoices” or open an existing invoice.
- Click on the “+” symbol next to “Invoices”
- Now you will find your newly created discount on the popup screen.
- Enter your discount rate. This must be a number between 0 and 100. You no longer need to define with a “%” symbol.
- In your invoice editor the discount will be deducted immediately from the values 'Total excl. VAT', 'VAT %' and 'Total incl. VAT'.
- Click “Save as draft” or “Save and book”.
- Teamleader Focus will automatically add the discount to the quotation or invoice.
Note: you can create two different discounts per company entity. These will be sorted alphabetically.
If a discount occurs more often, Teamleader Focus has the option to specify a discount for a quotation or invoice for each item line.
- Click on the item line in question.
- A calculator will appear under the line
- If you click the calculator, a new window will open in which you can define the discount (percentage), as can be seen below. It's also possible to fill out the discounted price immediately and then the discount (percentage) will be calculated automatically.
- Click “Confirm" and you will notice that your discount has been added under the item line. In your quotation or invoice editor the discount will be deducted immediately from the values 'Total excl. VAT', 'VAT %' and 'Total incl. VAT'.
- This discount is added as an extra line under the relevant item on the final quotation or invoice.
In addition to the general discount and the percentage line, it might also happen that you do not want to give a percentage discount but a fixed amount of money. You can do this by adding a negative line to the invoice and specifying the discount in the description. The negative line isn’t a percentage, but equals the amount of the discount.